Starts every Monday through the year
Duration: +/-6 Weeks
No Experience required, previous plumbing experience will be an advantage.
Solar and Heat Pumps
Course Duration. 3-4 days
Fees R3 200 (Course Only)
Fees R1400 (Accom + 3 Meals)
Advanced Plumbing Course Fees:
R18 500 Course Fee (Course only)
R 11 000 (Standard Accommodation + 3 meals)
Send Us a Message
Advanced Plumbing Course (Theory)
- The Advanced Plumbing Course is a 6 weeks practical course.
- You will perform a series of plumbing works under the supervision of our highly trained and competent Assessors.
- This course enables you to perform all tasks a plumber need to in general.
- This course does not make you a qualified plumber.
- This course can be broken up into sections if you cannot be at the College full time – in this case the days you do attend are counted to the value of six weeks.
Areas addressed in the course
- Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance
• Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
• Apply Domestic above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
• Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
• Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
• Understand how to apply scientific principles within Mechanical Engineering Services
• How to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
• Understand and Carry out site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic areas
• Understand and carry out safe working practices in building.
• Understand and apply domestic sanitation system installation, commissioning services
• Understand and carry out electrical work on domestic plumbing and heating systems and
• Understand domestic central heating techniques
• Understand domestic hot water system techniques
• Understand domestic cold water techniques
• Understand how to organise resources within Building Services Engineering
- Cut, bend and Assemble copper pipe-work
- Repairs and alterations to existing GMS pipe-work
- Repairs and alterations to existing copper pipes
- Install a push-through geyser
- Install a high pressure geyser
- Install underground CW reticulation
- Fire fighting installation
- Repair to and maintenance of taps and valves
- Repair to HP mains
- Recognition and installation of soil and waste systems
- Install a sink
- Install a washbasin
- Install a bath
- Install a bidet
- Install a shower
- Install a WC (Pedestal)
- Install a urinal (wall Hung)
- Recognition of below-ground drainage system
- Set out and determine levels
- Excavation and timbering trenches
- Install a below-ground drainage system
- Build a manhole to benching height (brick)
- Build a manhole to benching height (concrete ring)
- Removal of blockages from and repairs to waste, soil and drainpipes