R19 500 Course Fee (Course only)
Accommodation is available @ R12 000.00 inclusive of 3 meals and Laundry once a week per student.
Advanced Plumbing Course (Theory)
- The Advanced Plumbing Course is a 6 weeks practical course.
- You will perform a series of plumbing works under the supervision of our highly trained and competent Assessors.
- This course enables you to perform all tasks a plumber need to in general.
- This course does not make you a qualified plumber.
- This course can be broken up into sections if you cannot be at the College full time – in this case the days you do attend are counted to the value of six weeks.
- To do this course you must be 16 or older and able to read and write English.
Send Us a Message
Areas addressed in the course
- Interpret basic building drawings
- Mark out and cut sheet metal
- Fit GMS gutters and rain water pipes
- Fabricate and fit GMS VP flashing
- Fabricate and fit GMS chimney flashing
- Fabricate a box gutter with stop end, circular outlet and abutment flashing
- Gas weld and braze basic components
- Cut, thread and assemble GMS pipe-work
- Repairs and alterations to existing GMS pipe-work
- Install a push-through geyser
- Install a high pressure geyser
- Repair to and maintenance of taps and valves
- Repair to HP mains
- Recognition and installation of soil and waste systems
- Install a sink
- Install a washbasin
- Install a bath
- Install a bidet
- Install a shower
- Install a WC (Pedestal)
- Install a urinal (wall Hung)
- Recognition of below-ground drainage system
- Set out and determine levels
- Install a below-ground drainage system
- Build a manhole to benching height (brick) )
- Build a manhole to benching height (concrete ring)
- New techniques and methods are added throughout
- Starts the 11th of January 2021 and thereafter every Monday throughout the year.