Trade Test Plumbing
- Two day test R2750 per student (Student arrive on date given by PCD College)
- Accommodation fee R800.00 inclusive of 3 meals a day.
Please take note of the following:
- The decision of our assessors is final
- The Certification is done by Construction Ceta and takes very long, you can however register at PIRB and IOPSA with your Trade test result sheet from PCD College in the interim
- • Registration forms for the trade test available at PCD College Admin office.
Prior to taking a trade test
The below information is for ALL trades and information taken from a letter from The National Artisan Moderation Body (NAMB)
Learning to be in place before applying to perform the trade test.
˃ N2 Certificate including the relevant trade theory subjects and a minimum of
3 years relevant working experience; or
˃ Relevant Engineering NCV at NQF level 3 and a minimum of 3 years relevant
Work experience; or
˃ Relevant engineering (NC(V) 4 Plus completion of all relevant work
Experience, modules and minimum of 18 months relevant work experience;
˃ Technical Grade 12 with Maths, Engineering Science and related trade
Theory subject and a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience; or
˃ Grade 9 and a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience; or
˃ Relevant (directly related to the trade theory subjects) N6 certificate or
National Technical Diploma (S or N stream) with 18 Months relevant work experience
In order to apply for a trade test, the following documentation is required:
2 x Certified copies of your service letter
2 x Certified copies of your ID
2 x Certified copies of your highest school qualification
2 x Certified copies of your highest qualification
Guidelines on reference letters
- An original letter of the company (on an official letterhead of the company), with contract numbers, address, contact person/s and company stamp, company VAT number or REG number, entrance and resignation dates or to date (if still employed with same employer – specify dates (day, month and year).
- Current occupation/position (to be the same as the trade applying for)
- Detailed job description – all the daily duties that the applicant do for the trade applying for.
- N2 trade theory applicable to the trade applying for
- Signature, title and Name of the official writing the reference letter.
- Identity document or passport/work permit if not S.A citizen.
- Trade test fee according to the trade
- 3 Certified copies of Identity Document.
COLLECTION OF RESULT AND CERTIFICATES
- • Enquiries on results can be made after 4 weeks from the day tested
- • Enquiries on certificates can be made after 2-3 months
- • Contact PCD College on 012 335 5793
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays 8:00 – 16:00